Couples come to Bryce Canyon Country for its stunning, one-of-a-kind desert landscape to act as a backdrop for their eternal love. The picture-perfect stage, designed by nature, makes Bryce Canyon Country perfect for memorializing that special day.
There are many beautiful locations to choose from in Bryce Canyon National Park, Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Dixie National Forest and the surrounding communities. Each place has its own particular charm. We found seven awe-inspiring locations in Bryce Canyon Country that will bring the drama to your intimate wedding or engagement photos.
If you are engaged or plan to get married in the park, we’d love to hear about it. Use the tags #EngagedInBryceCanyonCountry and #MarriedInBryceCanyonCountry on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to share your special day with us, @BryceCanyonCountry.
1. Nothing says eternity like a night scene under stars, planets and galaxies that have been around since time immemorial. This couple shared their love for each other and the wide open space atop the hoodoos and monoliths of the Silent City in Bryce Canyon.
2. Off Scenic Highway 12, or Utah’s All American Highway, is Kiva Koffeehouse. Found between two iconic outdoor spots, Escalante Natural Bridge and Lower Calf Creek Falls, this seasonal cafe offers peaceful views of striped, multi-colored, rocky hills. There isn’t any banquet hall or chapel that can compete with the splendor of this backdrop.
3. Bryce Point is the place to savor your love and the view over the park’s famous amphitheater, especially at sunset. The views and the memories you’ll make are a short walk from the parking lot and visitor center. You’ll certainly feel like you are on top of the world like this couple.
4. Slip into that comfortable “you get me” feeling when you sit across from your beloved with the Escalante Rocks behind you. Take your modern, bohemian-chic style outdoors for spring and summer. There is no need for decorations; nature is its own photo studio.
5. The switchbacks of the Navajo Loop Trail in Bryce Canyon National Park are squeezed between towering cliffs. There might not be a better way to capture the intensity of your love than having your photo taken together in this otherworldly geological wonder.
6. Snow dusting the ochre sandstone spires and hoodoos form an abstract yin-and-yang effect in the Bryce Canyon Amphitheatre. You’ll capture the quintessential mountain charm of the park when the rock formations are coupled with a winter-blue sky.
7. Shafts of light filtering between the canyons and over the cliffs of Escalante make color photography your best bet to capture the vibrant red rock and sandstone of the canyons. Big views and trails make for lots of nice spots to shoot your first dance—or kiss.
Ceremonies and photography sessions in Bryce Canyon require a National Park Service special use permit. Visit the National Park Service here for more information. For photos in Red Canyon, Dixie National Park or surrounding areas call the USDA Forest Service Office in Panguitch at (435) 676-9300. For Grand Staircase-Escalante permits visit Utah special recreation permits at the Bureau of Land Management.
The post 7 sublime locations to shoot your wedding photos in Bryce Canyon Country appeared first on Bryce Canyon Country.
Be First to Comment